A land use permit is required for all development within the Town of Brandon, including but not limited to:  division of a parcel into two or more parcels; the construction, reconstruction, structural alteration, relocation, or enlargement of any building or other structure; the landfill, mining, or excavation operations, including the removal of topsoil or gravel in excess of 14 cubic yards in a two-year period; any substantial change in the nature or intensity of the current use of any building, structure or parcel of land; any extension of the current use of land; any increase in the number of dwelling units on a parcel of land; razing any structure over 500 square feet or any structure in the Central Business District; interior or exterior renovations; signage; and any development in the Fluvial Erosion Hazard Areas and/or Special Flood Hazard Areas.  A Certificate of Occupancy is required for all development approved within the Hazard Areas.

Applicants can reach the Zoning Administrative Officer at 802-247-3635 ext. 202 to discuss their projects and to determine what town approvals are required.


“Congratulations on opening your new Business! It is my pleasure to welcome you to the community.” Click here for information regarding business permits.


Zoning Administrator: Anna Scheck

Office Location: 49 Center Street, Brandon VT 05733

Contact Information: Phone – 802-247-3635 ext. 202

Fax – 802-247-5481

E-mail – ascheck@townofbrandon.com


Link to Land Use (zoning) Application

Link to Land Use (zoning) Fees

Link to Brandon Land Use Ordinance (BLUO)